What Is Bioclear?
Bioclear is a special type of dental bonding procedure that was developed in 2007 by Dr. David Clark. Since then, countless dentists have discovered Bioclear’s potential to help patients achieve their smile goals. In fact, its results can even surpass what porcelain veneers can deliver.
The Bioclear method involves wrapping a tooth with a heated composite resin. Specially shaped matrices hold the composite in place and ensure that the treatment produces a perfectly shaped tooth.
Some of the primary benefits of Bioclear include:
- It takes just one appointment to complete
- The results are completely natural-looking
- It considered a no-prep treatment, which means that, unlike porcelain veneers, it doesn’t require your teeth to be filed down
- The results have the potential to last for 10 years or longer
- Bioclear dental restorations in fresno are resistant to stains
- If you wish, Bioclear can be reversed
What Can Bioclear Fix?
Bioclear can correct a number of aesthetic imperfections in teeth, including:
- Chipped, worn, and/or broken front teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Stains from past bonding procedures
- Damage from decay
- Black triangles that occur after orthodontic treatment or due to gum recession/periodontal disease
- Natural gaps between your teeth that you don't like
- You had braces, and now you have spaces between your teeth
- You were born with small teeth that you don't like
- You dislike like the shape of your teeth
- You want your teeth fixed but don't want them to be filed down to accommodate dental crowns
What Happens During the Treatment?
The Bioclear process is both fast and comfortable. We begin by cleaning the teeth, removing any trace of biofilm on them. Next, we use thin mylar forms, otherwise referred to as matrices, to wrap around the tooth. We inject a heated composite resin, which is shade-matched to your teeth, into the matches. A curing light hardens the reason in just a few seconds. To finish the treatment, we make any necessary final adjustments to the shape of the bonding and polish it to a smooth, natural-looking finish.
Would you like to learn more about how Bioclear dental bonding may be able to reshape your teeth? Contact us today. As your cosmetic dentist in fresno , we are eager to help you love your smile!
How long does Bioclear last?
With proper care, your Bioclear treatment should last approximately 10 years or longer.
This is roughly the same as a veneer and far longer than bonding.
How much does Bioclear cost?
On average, Bioclear is 20-25% less expensive than a porcelain veneer. It’s also less expensive to replace or fix than an entire veneer or crown.
Bioclear is more expensive than bonding. However, the durability and longer life expectancy of Bioclear can easily save you money long-term.
Is Bioclear covered by insurance?
Most cosmetic dentistryprocedures are not covered by dental insurance, including Bioclear.